Frequently Asked Questions
This is an example of using jQuery to create a simple FAQ page where the answers appear upon clicking the question.
- What vaccinations does my pet need prior to boarding?
- N.C. State law requires all dogs to have Rabies, Distemper/canine parvovirus and Bordetella vaccinations and a negative fecal prior to boarding. Cats are required to have Rabies, FVRCP (feline distemper) and Negative Feline Leukemia
- Should I bring my pet's food or bring special food?
Yes you should bring your pet’s normal food. Please do not change from dry to canned food or make any other dietary changes. Changing your pet’s diet prior to or during boarding can cause gastrointestinal disorders leading to diarrhea and additional stress for your pet.
- I feel bad for leaving my pet what should I do?
- What you should NOT do is change your pets diet or feed your pet cooked table food prior to boarding. Unfortunately, during the holiday’s owners feel bad about leaving their four legged family members and feed them cooked turkey, gravy, ham, and a variety of items the pets system is not used to. This can cause pancreatitis, diarrhea, vomiting, and other gastrointestinal disorders, which can increase stress for your pet while boarding or worse a trip to your Veterinarian.
- Can I bring my pet's blanket/bed, toys, and treats?
Yes, you can bring your pet’s favorite bed or toy. Please note that if your pet destroys the bed or toy we are not responsible for any damages.
- Do you charge for playtime or potty breaks?
Unlike many of our competitors, we do not charge for playtime. If your pet gets along with other animals and passes our social evaluation, they will enjoy playtime with the group. Even if your pet does not get along with other animals, your pet will go out at least four times a day. You have the option, weather and space permitting, to allow your pet to spend the majority of the day in an outdoor run. On nice days, your pet will enjoy even more time outside in our 6,100 square foot play area.
- My pet has prescription or over the counter medications; is this an issue?
For a nominal fee we will medicate your pet in accordance with the prescription or administer your normal vitamins or over the counter medications in accordance with your veterinarian’s instructions. Please check our boarding services page for pricing.
- What happens if my pet needs emergency care?
When you sign the initial contract you, you have the option to authorize us to seek medical attention for your pet with your normal veterinarian. If there is an emergency, we will try to contact you. If you are not available, we contact the second emergency contact for authorization to take your pet to your veterinarian. Because the safety of your four-legged family member is so important to us, in the event we are unable to contact you or your secondary contact we will seek medical attention for you pet.
- Do you accept credit or debit cards?
We accept Debit Card, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. Your credit card information is never stored on our system. Our credit card processor requires an annual third party security screening of our systems to ensure the highest level of security possible.
- Can I pick up my pet on Sunday or a Holiday?
Yes, you may pickup your pet on Sunday. We are family owned and operated, with Sunday as our only day off. You may pickup on Sunday for a “convince fee”. Please let us know when you drop off your pet, or call ahead to schedule a time to pickup.
- Why is my dog coughing?